Starting December 31, 2017, CenturyLink Center Omaha will adopt new clear bag regulations for all arena events including Creighton University men’s home basketball games. Bags permitted under the policy include clear plastic, vinyl or PVC totes. Additionally, small clutch-sized bags will also be allowed inside the arena after a proper security inspection. However, oversized bags or purses will no longer be allowed inside the premises.
After observing the success and ease of transition with arenas and venues across the state, MECA and Creighton University believe the updated policy to be the best safety practice for the thousands of fans who loyally attend each basketball game, and countless concert-goers who walk through the doors at CHI Health Center Arena.
Here are the main bullet-points of the new bag policy, effective on December, 31:
- Clear plastic bags, measuring 12 inches tall, 12 inches long, and 6 inches wide
- Small or clutch-sized purses or wallets, not exceeding 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long
- One-gallon, clear plastic freezer bags are permitted (Ziploc bag or similar)
- No large purses, bags, backpacks or fanny-packs will be allowed inside
- MECA staff-members are not allowed to hold bags during an event
- Exceptions will be made for bags with medical necessity after appropriate inspection
Most immediately these changes will impact the Creighton University men’s basketball game versus Providence Friars at CenturyLink Center Omaha on December, 31. As always, patrons are encouraged to arrive early to allow for additional security screening time. For further clarification on bag size, please see the additional attachment which accurately illustrates the new bag requirements.