COVID-19 Updates and Precautions
In order to comply with potential capacity restrictions, the following social distancing measures will be in effect at MECA facilities. These regulations take into consideration guidance from the Nebraska Governor’s office, the Douglas County Health Department and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and utilize the latest technology in sanitation efforts.
Per mandate from the City of Omaha, face masks are required to enter this facility.
Guests should anticipate changes in concession procedures, gathering restrictions and staggered access to confined spaces. For TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, the information below addresses social distancing standards for the club level only, with the stadium to be addressed at a time when baseball games resume.
We are committed to guest safety and have outlined the various steps being taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic below.
Meeting and event room configurations will utilize social distancing guidance from the Nebraska Governor’s office. The number of guests seated at each table and within each room will be limited. Distancing at any food or beverage stations must be maintained. Additional staffing maybe necessary to help enforce social distancing guidelines.
Hand sanitizing dispensers are placed at guest and employee entrances as well as throughout the facility. Additionally, both visitors and staff members are outwardly encouraged to carry personal sanitizers.
Per mandate from the City of Omaha, face masks are required to enter this facility. Also, as recommended by the CDC, public-facing MECA event staff members are required to wear face masks and gloves. This is subject to change based on state or county health directives.
Public-facing event staff members are required to wear personal protective equipment, including face masks and gloves, and must use a designated entrance for contactless temperature screenings. If an employee is found to have a fever of 100 degrees or more, they will not be permitted to work. Attendants will be placed at locations such as elevators and escalators to help ensure capacity limitations and social distancing.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation
MECA is staffing additional custodial crews before, during and after events who routinely use disinfectant for daily cleaning procedures. Cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus is in regular use throughout the building, and each room is methodically sanitized after use. Areas of frequent human contact (restrooms, hard surfaces, doorknobs) are cleaned multiple times a day.
Clorox Total 360
The state-of-the-art Clorox Total 360 system utilizes electrostatic technology and non-bleach Clorox products for an innovative surface treatment with the capability to clean even the hardest to reach places. According to Clorox, Total 360 is designed to target all surfaces within its reach. We utilize this cutting-edge technology for cleaning efforts throughout our facilities.
There are reminders posted throughout our buildings to encourage social distancing, to avoid handshaking or touching one’s face.
Tours for both CHI Health Center Omaha and TD Ameritrade Park Omaha are currently unavailable.
Food & Beverage Safety Precautions
Levy, our exclusive in-house food services provider, has modified front and back of house procedures in consideration of best safety practices. Levy is continuously monitoring CDC, OSHA, Federal and State requirements and will revise procedures where applicable based on their guidance.
- Prior to the start of any shift, team members participate in pre-screening efforts such as temperature checks and symptoms assessment consistent with COVID-19;
- Team members engage in mandatory COVID-19 internal safety training with proof of completion;
- Personal hygiene importance is stressed to all staff members, including reminders for proper handwashing, sneeze and cough covering etiquette;
- Sanitizing stations are available for employee use;
- All staff wear personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves, face shields when applicable;
- Equipment is sanitized before and after use, all food contact surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes throughout an event;
- Common touchpoints are sanitized with increased frequency;
- Work areas have been redesigned to maximize social distancing;
- In general, menus are engineered with best health and safety practices in mind;
- Buffet service, self-serve condiment stations and refill options are temporarily unavailable;
- Modified disposable packaging in use where applicable;
- Floor markers will help indicate spacing for guests at concession lines;
- Plexiglass dividers installed at permanent concession counters;
- Selected registers closed to encourage social distancing;
- Preparation procedures modified to reduce touchpoints;
- Exploration of cash-free environment – all major debit and credit cards accepted for payment
* All initiatives are subject to evolving CDC and public health regulations.
* These measures may be updated with any change in Levy’s procedures.
Shared Audiovisual Equipment
J&S Audiovisual, the in-house AV services provider at CHI Health Center Omaha and TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, is committed to the highest cleaning standards – and has authored the following protocols based on guidance from the CDC, OSHA, local municipalities and building management.
- Social Distancing: During meeting setup and throughout an event, J&S Audiovisual staff members will practice recommended social distancing protocols; technician tables must maintain six feet between operators.
- Staffing Precautions: Like all other MECA staff members, J&S Audiovisual employees will wear personal protective equipment to include face masks and gloves during interactions with guests. They will be subject to temperature screenings before building entrance and are also required to follow routine handwashing etiquette from the CDC.
- Equipment: All equipment will be disinfected upon delivery to meeting rooms and again at the conclusion of an event, before returning to storage. Devices utilized by presenters or technicians will be sanitized between uses. High touch surfaces within equipment storage areas will be thoroughly cleaned at the start and end of each shift.
- Cleaning Products: J&S Audiovisual will utilize cleaning products that meet CDC requirements for effectiveness against viruses.
CHI Health Center Omaha – Arena
Arena Event Updates
Developments in event status are as follows:
- WWE Monday Night Raw scheduled for September 7 is temporarily postponed.
- Dan + Shay has been rescheduled to November 12, 2021.
- MercyMe has been rescheduled to April 16, 2021.
- The Lumineers show has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- Matchbox Twenty has been rescheduled to September 9, 2021.
- Lauren Daigle has been rescheduled to April 1, 2021.
- The Black Crowes has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- The Weeknd has been rescheduled to August 22, 2021.
- The Nickelback All The Right Reasons Tour has been canceled. Refund information is available at livenation.com/refund.
- The Rascal Flatts Farewell Tour has been canceled. Refund information is available at livenation.com/refund.
- Jeff Dunham has been postponed until October 2, 2020.
- The U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Swimming has been postponed to June 13-20, 2021.
- Harlem Globetrotters has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- The Burlington Capital International Omaha has been canceled.
- Billie Eilish has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- MercyMe has been postponed until October 4, 2020.
- The governor has recommended restrictions on gatherings of 250 people or more. For that reason, World of Wheels is closing immediately and will not reopen Sunday, March 15.
- The annual Berkshire Hathaway meeting will be held without shareholders.
- Blake Shelton has been postponed with a new date to be determined.
- The Lumineers have been postponed until September 22, 2020.
- The NCAA Basketball Championship Event has been canceled. No additional information is available at this time.
MECA is working with organizers to identify new event dates and will provide immediate updates via this webpage and venue social media platforms.
*Updated as of August 14 at 12:00 PM
Seating limitations will be dependent on permitted capacity on the event date. In the arena bowl, every other row maybe occupied with no more than six people seated together. Seating will be staggered throughout to accommodate social distancing parameters. Seats that may not be used will be marked off. On the floor, preset groups of four and six will be situated along six-foot-wide aisles with appropriate distance between neighboring sections. Groups may not exceed six people.
In addition to pre-determined seating charts, socially distanced floor markers for guests waiting in line at the box office, restrooms and concessions, as well as general capacity restrictions will be in effect throughout CHI Health Center Omaha for the foreseeable future.
Guests should anticipate socially distanced floor markers as they line up at the CHI Health Center awaiting security screenings, in front of the box office and concession stands and outside of restrooms. Social distancing signage will be visible to visitors as they approach the facility; crowd managers will also issue verbal reminders for entering guests to observe appropriate spacing. Employees will continue the practice of avoiding physical contact with guests.
Postponed Ticket Information
Due to the numerous postponements and cancellations of events across the country – Ticketmaster is currently experiencing a high volume of refund inquiries and continues to work around the clock to resolve these requests in a timely manner.
Please note: if your event has been postponed, no further action is required as original tickets will still be valid for a rescheduled date.
If Ticketmaster is temporarily communicating that refunds are not permitted for your event, please be patient. It is likely the refund process is still being finalized. Refunds will be automatically issued for cancelled events.
Again, each event (nationwide) will be addressed as quickly as possible. Ticketmaster has created a Help Center to provide customers and fans with guidance when it comes to event cancellations or postponements.
A full list of event updates can also be found here. Be certain to check all of the above-mentioned resources regularly for event updates as they happen.
CHI Health Center Omaha – Convention Center
Meeting room configurations at CHI Health Center Omaha will utilize social distancing guidance from the Nebraska Governor’s office. Event coordinators have the ability to design layout diagrams for a specific group size, in consideration of the state’s current gathering restrictions. The number of guests seated at each table and within each room will be limited. Distancing at any food or beverage stations must be maintained. Additional staffing maybe necessary to help enforce social distancing guidelines.
Virtual Meeting Planning
Event coordinators may help facilitate professional streaming services with J&S Audiovisual, CHI Health Center Omaha’s in-house AV provider.
Downloadable Document For Meeting Planners
TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
TDAPO Event Updates
Developments in event status are as follows:
- Creighton Baseball has cancelled the remainder of their 2020 season.
- The Creighton Baseball games against Northern Colorado scheduled for March 13 and March 15 have been cancelled.
- The NCAA has announced the decision to cancel all winter and spring championships. This includes the 2020 Division I Men’s College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. Visit NCAA.com/CWS for more information.
* Updated as of March 13 at 10:00 AM
Downloadable Document For Meeting Planners
*All implemented measures will adhere to Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) guidelines.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks arising from the risk of contracting COVID-19, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and directed health measures as well as the safety protocols and procedures implemented by MECA with regard to COVID-19. You also waive all claims against MECA, the City of Omaha, and any other person associated with this event, except for claims arising out of the grossly negligent conduct of the foregoing parties.
For a list of upcoming events at the venue calendars at:
Additional question maybe directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org