MECA & COVID-19 Updates and Precautions
UPDATED AS OF MAY 21 AT 9:00 AM
Developments in event status are as follows:
CHI Health Center Omaha
TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
- Creighton Baseball has cancelled the remainder of their 2020 season.
- The Creighton Baseball games against Northern Colorado scheduled for March 13 and March 15 have been cancelled.
- The NCAA has announced the decision to cancel all winter and spring championships. This includes the 2020 Division I Men’s College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. Visit NCAA.com/CWS for more information.
Ticket Refund Information and Resources:
Due to the numerous postponements and cancellations of events across the country – Ticketmaster is currently experiencing a high volume of refund inquiries and continues to work around the clock to resolve these requests in a timely manner. Please note: if your event has been postponed, no further action is required as original tickets will still be valid for a rescheduled date.
If Ticketmaster is temporarily communicating that refunds are not permitted for your event, please be patient. It is likely the refund process is still being finalized.
Refunds will be automatically issued for cancelled events. Again, each event (nationwide) will be addressed as quickly as possible.
Be certain to check all of the above-mentioned resources regularly for event updates as they happen.
Other Information and Precautions:
Amid concerns regarding the presence of COVID-19 within the community, MECA began staffing additional janitorial crews before, during and after events – who routinely use disinfectant during daily cleaning procedures. Additionally, MECA has adopted the use of cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus.
After the CHI Health Center and TD Ameritrade Park Omaha effectively closed to the public in mid-March, MECA’s custodial team has been methodically cleaning each room within the facility then sealing off access until the building reopens to the public.
At that time, guests will also notice some temporary changes in procedure at public concession stands to include:
- Some self-serve condiments (such as jalapeno peppers and relish) must be provided from behind concession counters upon request
- “Unlimited” food and beverage options are temporarily unavailable
Hand sanitizing stations are placed around MECA facilities and available for the use of both event staff members and the public. Guests are welcome to carry a personal-sized bottle of hand sanitizer when MECA resumes event operations.
Additional question maybe directed via email to email@example.com
More resources on COVID-19: