MECA & COVID-19 Updates and Precautions
UPDATED AS OF MARCH 30 AT 10:00 AM
Developments in event status are as follows:
CHI Health Center Omaha
- Lauren Daigle has been postponed with a new date to be determined. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- Friday Night SmackDown originally scheduled on Friday, April 24 in Omaha, NE, has been postponed to Monday Night Raw on Monday, September 7. All original tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date.
- The 2020 Olympic Team Trials – Swimming have been postponed until 2021. From USA Swimming: “We will work with the USOPC on rescheduling the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Swimming to best align with Olympic Games preparations as further details become known.” Please check back for more information.
- Harlem Globetrotters has been postponed with a new date to be determined. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- The Burlington Capital International Omaha has been canceled.
- Billie Eilish has been postponed with a new date to be determined. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- MercyMe has been postponed until October 4, 2020. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- The governor has recommended restrictions on gatherings of 250 people or more. For that reason, World of Wheels is closing immediately and will not reopen Sunday, March 15.
- Jeff Dunham has been postponed until July 31, 2020. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- The annual Berkshire Hathaway meeting will be held without shareholders.
- Blake Shelton has been postponed with a new date to be determined. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- Dan + Shay have been postponed until August 13, 2020. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- The Lumineers have been postponed until September 22, 2020. All tickets will be honored at that time.
- This NCAA Championship Event has been canceled. No additional information is available at this time.
TD Ameritrade Park Omaha
- Creighton Baseball has cancelled the remainder of their 2020 season.
- The Creighton Baseball games against Northern Colorado scheduled for March 13 and March 15 have been cancelled.
- The NCAA has announced the decision to cancel all winter and spring championships. This includes the 2020 Division I Men’s College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. Visit NCAA.com/CWS for more information.
Ticket Refund Information and Resources:
Due to the numerous postponements and cancellations of events across the country – Ticketmaster is currently experiencing a high volume of refund inquiries and continues to work around the clock to resolve these requests in a timely manner. Please note: if your event has been postponed, no further action is required as original tickets will still be valid for a rescheduled date.
If Ticketmaster is temporarily communicating that refunds are not permitted for your event, please be patient. It is likely the refund process is still being finalized, and the option will eventually become available.
Refunds will be automatically issued for cancelled events. Again, each event (nationwide) will be addressed as quickly as possible.
Be certain to check all of the above-mentioned resources regularly for event updates as they happen.
Other Information and Precautions:
Amid concerns regarding the presence of COVID-19 within the community, MECA is staffing additional janitorial crews before, during and after events – who routinely use disinfectant during daily cleaning procedures. Additionally, MECA has adopted the use of cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus.
Guests will also notice some changes in procedure at public concession stands to include:
- “Buffet” style, self-serve condiments will now be available behind concession counters upon request
- “Unlimited” food and beverage options are temporarily unavailable
Hand sanitizing stations are placed around MECA facilities and available for the use of both event staff members and the public. Individuals are welcome to bring a personal-sized bottle of hand sanitizer to all MECA events as well.
Additional question maybe directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
More resources on COVID-19: