As the Creighton Bluejays prepare for conference play, it won’t be long before baseball season gets underway. The thousands of people who are already making plans to visit CenturyLink Center Omaha and TD Ameritrade Park Omaha will soon be asked to follow a new security policy at both facilities.
TD Ameritrade Park Omaha will implement the new clear bag regulations about to start for arena events at CenturyLink Center Omaha. The first event the new policy will impact is the Creighton University men’s basketball game versus Providence College at CenturyLink Center Omaha on December 31.
The new MECA security policy will also be in effect for stadium events next spring such as Creighton baseball games, the Big Ten Conference Baseball Tournament, and the NCAA Men’s College World Series. Items permitted after December 31, 2017, will include clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags. Additionally, small clutchsized bags will still be allowed after proper inspection, continuing a practice started this summer for arena events.
After consultation with local law enforcement and security officials, all entities agreed that the updated policy is the best cautionary practice for the countless fans who entrust these venues with their safety. Here are the main components of the new bag policy, which take effect on December 31:
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC tote bags permitted after search (when applicable)
- Diaper bags must also adhere to these guidelines
- Small or clutch-sized purses or wallets, not exceeding 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long are permitted
- One-gallon, clear plastic freezer bags are also acceptable (Ziploc bag or similar)
- No large purses, bags, backpacks or fanny-packs will be allowed inside the arena or stadium
- MECA staff-members are not allowed to hold bags during an event
- Exceptions will be made for bags with medical necessity after appropriate inspection
Media will be allowed to bring in cameras and other equipment using the media designated entrance. Each bag will require a brief search. Dimensions for clear bags allowed in CenturyLink Center Omaha arena events measure 12 inches tall by 12 inches long and 6 inches wide.
As always, patrons are encouraged to beat the rush of last minute arrivals by arriving early, and budgeting additional time for security screenings.